COVID-19 Assessment Centre - Burk's Falls22-Oct-2020
EMS Mobile East Parry Sound COVID-19 Assessment Centre
To assess and, swab people who may be infected with COVID-19 with a goal of testing symptomatic and high-risk asymptomatic people in close contact with KNOWN confirmed COVID-19 case to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
How to Access:
- The clinic can be accessed BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- For safety reasons, “walk-in” appointments are strictly prohibited.
- There are options for people who are limited by transportation and/or mobility.
To book a SYMPTOMATIC TEST call: 705-774-8378
- Calls answered Monday- Friday
- Tests Booked Tuesdays and Thursdays only
- Positive symptoms
- Close personal contact (not a contact of a contact) with a KNOWN Positive Case of COVID-19 OR as suggested by Public Health through contact tracing
- COVID 19 APP positive contact detected (greater than 15 minutes within 6 feet, no PPE)
LOCATION: Drive Through Testing Completed BY APPOINTMENT in Carport of Almaguin Highlands Health Centre 150 Huston Street. Information provided at time of booking.
Who should be tested for COVID-19
- EMS mobile East Parry Sound and WPSHC Assessment Centre have a very low threshold for ANY symptoms.
- There is a Priority for testing given to;
- Symptomatic essential workers and staff who work in health care facilities.
- Symptomatic residents and staff in Long Term Care facilities and retirement homes and other institutional settings eg. Homeless Shelter (as per outbreak guidance).
- Symptomatic teachers, support staff, and students.
- Symptomatic members of remote, isolated, rural and/or indigenous communities.
- Symptomatic travelers identified at point of entry to Ontario.
- Asymptomatic essential workers or high-risk people/populations with close contact to CONFIRMED COVID-19 case (less than 2 meters without PPE).
- Asymptomatic close contact as recommended by Public health or COVID-19 APP. Recommended 5-10 days post contact or ASAP if symptoms develop.
- Results are typically reported 3-7 days.
- All results will be accessed through the online portal https://covid-19.ontario.ca/. You will ONLY be contacted by Public Health if you test positive for COVID-19. You will need your health card to retrieve your results.
- If you do not have internet or an Ontario Health Card, call the Assessment Centre East Parry Sound 705-774-8378 for support with accessing your results. Please leave a message with your name, phone number and Health Card Number along with the swab date and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
- You may also call the Health Unit Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 1-800-563-2808 option 5.