“SHOP THE BIG DIG”
Weekly draws of $50.00 and monthly draws of $100.00, both to local Village of Burk’s Falls businesses. Plus a final draw for $500.00 Visa gift card.
- Ballots can be found in 18 different Village of Burk’s Falls businesses, for a complete list of participating businesses see below.
- Ballots are obtained through merchant and are available with or without purchase to any person.
- Contest runs a total of 14 weeks, with the first draw taking place on July 6. For a complete list of draw dates see below.
- Ballot box entries will be collected from merchants the Thursday prior to the draw date, any ballots received after collection will be entered into the following week’s draw.
- Collective weekly draw ballots will be entered into a monthly draw for two $50.00 gift certificates to local Village of Burk’s Falls businesses.
- Collective monthly draw ballots will be entered into a final $500.00 Visa gift card, with a draw date of October 5th, 2018.
- Winners will be contacted by the contact phone number provided on the reverse of the ballot.
- The Village of Burk’s Falls municipal staff will make reasonable effort to contact winners, however if a winner(s) does not claim a prize or make contact with the Village to claim a prize by October 26th, 2018, a new winner(s) will be selected from the cumulative $500.00 Visa card ballots. Any prizes not collected or claimed by October 26th will be redrawn until all prizes are awarded and claimed.
Ms. T’s Grub Hub – 120 Ontario Street
Heart Felt Designs – 117 Ontario Street
Yetti’s Pizza – 117 a Ontario Street
Kwik Way – 170 Ontario Street
Burk’s Falls Home Hardware – 181 Ontario Street
Coldwell Banker Thompson Real Estate – 185 Ontario Street
The Landmark Pub – 198 Ontario Street
The Flower Garden – 185 Ontario Street
Papa Bears Family Café – 174 Ontario Street
White Birch Hair Salon/ Patricia’s Esthetics and Day Spa - 174 Ontario Street
Almaguin Donation Store – 201 Ontario Street
Cuddle Bear Grooming – 195 Ontario Street
Curb Your Appetite - 108 Ontario Street
Burk's Falls Shell Station - 148 Ontario Street
Kawartha Credit Union - 186 Ontario Street
Ontario Street Rehabilitation
During tender preparations, the Village set clear guidelines which the contractor is required to adhere to, this included access through the construction area for vehicles and pedestrians. In an effort to minimize the impact on businesses and residents the Village required one lane of traffic to be open at all times. It is important that during this four month project the Village maintain, to the best of our ability, "business as usual". Council is empathetic to the challenges this large scale project will have on our community, it's residents and business that's why Council has tired to mitigate theses concerns through project negotiations.
In an effort to address concerns which have and will continue to arise, staff have created information documents linked below, that will answer some of the more frequent questions and provide best practice guidelines for business on how to survive a construction project. As more information is available we will post it here on this page.