“SHOP THE BIG DIG”
Weekly draws of $50.00 and monthly draws of $100.00, both to local Village of Burk’s Falls businesses. Plus a final draw for $500.00 Visa gift card.
- Ballots can be found in 18 different Village of Burk’s Falls businesses, for a complete list of participating businesses see below.
- Ballots are obtained through merchant and are available with or without purchase to any person.
- Contest runs a total of 14 weeks, with the first draw taking place on July 6. For a complete list of draw dates see below.
- Ballot box entries will be collected from merchants the Thursday prior to the draw date, any ballots received after collection will be entered into the following week’s draw.
- Collective weekly draw ballots will be entered into a monthly draw for two $50.00 gift certificates to local Village of Burk’s Falls businesses.
- Collective monthly draw ballots will be entered into a final $500.00 Visa gift card, with a draw date of October 5th, 2018.
- Winners will be contacted by the contact phone number provided on the reverse of the ballot.
- The Village of Burk’s Falls municipal staff will make reasonable effort to contact winners, however if a winner(s) does not claim a prize or make contact with the Village to claim a prize by October 26th, 2018, a new winner(s) will be selected from the cumulative $500.00 Visa card ballots. Any prizes not collected or claimed by October 26th will be redrawn until all prizes are awarded and claimed.
Ms. T’s Grub Hub – 120 Ontario Street
Heart Felt Designs – 117 Ontario Street
Yetti’s Pizza – 117 a Ontario Street
Kwik Way – 170 Ontario Street
Burk’s Falls Home Hardware – 181 Ontario Street
Coldwell Banker Thompson Real Estate – 185 Ontario Street
The Landmark Pub – 198 Ontario Street
The Flower Garden – 185 Ontario Street
Papa Bears Family Café – 174 Ontario Street
White Birch Hair Salon/ Patricia’s Esthetics and Day Spa - 174 Ontario Street
Almaguin Donation Store – 201 Ontario Street
Cuddle Bear Grooming – 195 Ontario Street
Curb Your Appetite - 108 Ontario Street
Burk's Falls Shell Station - 148 Ontario Street
Kawartha Credit Union - 186 Ontario Street
Contest draw dates:
July 6th, 2018 : Ann was the winner of a $50.00 Gift Certificate to The Flower Garden in the Village of Burk's Falls.
July 13th, 2018 : Marie was the winner of a $50.00 Gift Certificate to Papa Bears Family Cafe.
July 20th, 2018 Ruth-ann won a $50.00 gift certificate to Circling Hawks Centre
July 27th, 2018 Will won a $50.00 gift certificate to Ms. T's Grub and Hub
July 31st, 2018 Monthly Draw Kim won 4 passes to the Burk's Falls Towne Theatre, including pop and popcorn and a $50.00 to the Landmark Pub
August 3rd, 2018 Marielles won a $50.00 gift certificate to the Wooden Roo
August 10th, 2018 Line won a $50.00 gift certificate to the Almaguin Donation Store
August 17th, 2018 Catherine Won a $50.00 gift certificate to Curb Your Appetite
August 24th, 2018 Tom won a $25.00 gift card to Patricia's Esthetics and a $25.00 to White Birch Hair Salon
August 31st ,2018 Martha won a $50.00 gift certificate to Sub Brows
August 31st , 2018 Month Draw Jacob won a $50.00 gift certificate to the Burk's Falls Shell Station and a $50.00 gift certificate to the Burk's Falls Home Hardware
September 7th, 2018 Catherine won a $50.00 gift certificate to Kwik Way
September 14th, 2018 Susan won a $50.00 gift certificate to Cuddle Bear Grooming
September 21st, 2018 Toni won a $50.00 gift certificate to Peacock Signs
September 28th, 2018 Erin won a $50.00 gift certificate to Heart Felt Designs
September 30th, 2018 Monthly Draw Jennifer won a $50.00 gift certificate to River Bowl and a $50.00 gift certificate to Yeti's Pizza
October 4th, 2018 Final Draw Randy was the final winner of a $500.00 prepaid Visa Gift card.
Ontario Street Rehabilitation
During tender preparations, the Village set clear guidelines which the contractor is required to adhere to, this included access through the construction area for vehicles and pedestrians. In an effort to minimize the impact on businesses and residents the Village required one lane of traffic to be open at all times. It is important that during this four month project the Village maintain, to the best of our ability, "business as usual". Council is empathetic to the challenges this large scale project will have on our community, it's residents and business that's why Council has tired to mitigate theses concerns through project negotiations.
In an effort to address concerns which have and will continue to arise, staff have created information documents linked below, that will answer some of the more frequent questions and provide best practice guidelines for business on how to survive a construction project. As more information is available we will post it here on this page.