The Village of Burk’s Falls will be conducting the annual flushing of fire hydrants over a two-week period starting Monday, September 30, 2019. It will run Monday to Friday between 7:30 am and 3:30 pm. During this period, you may notice a discoloration or cloudy appearance in your water and the water pressure may decrease. This is normal.
We encourage water users to check their cold water for discoloration prior to using. If discoloration is found, please run the cold-water taps until the water clears.
A hydrant testing and flushing program is important to the maintenance of the water distribution system. Flushing the fire hydrants serves the following purposes:
- Enhances long term quality by removing sediments from inside the water mains and flushing them out the hydrant.
- Identifies malfunctions of the hydrant and related valve issues.
- Helps determine weaknesses in the water distribution system.
- Identifies inadequate water volumes and pressures in the system.
- Helps determine fire flows at the hydrant.
If you continue to have a problem beyond our flushing period or have questions please call the office at 705-382-3138.
Thank you, Public Works